Friday, November 2, 2012

Tuition For Siddharth Varadarajan

This is something like how The Hindu was, before N.Ram began to think that Mahinda Rajapakse was the Obama of South Asia. That guy N.Ram did not like Dr Manmohan Singh but liked Mahinda Rajapakse.

That is one fact that belongs in 'Believe It Or Not.'

Now, the newspaper has an editor, who would probably want it to be a class act, but unfortunately, there is a mass act also that needs to be done. there is advertising to be done, and readers to be won. Call it capitalism or crony capitalism, but, that is the name of the game.

those that talk about crony capitalism are probably thinking that capitalism involved a strict adherence to supreme moral values and nothing else. Like how the amazing article in The New Yorker states,"Romney is among those who see business success as a sure sign of moral virtue."

It is capitalism and in capitalism, Siddharth Varadarajan has to allow the emissions of such opinions.

"""Who are you kidding! The Raja of the thieves spent only a year or so for having been the kingpin in the 1.76 lakh crore 2G scam, and you are saying that Mr. Srinivasan will spend 3 years in jail for a 'tweet'? I for one am ready to protest against this injustice in any peaceful way possible. Any others? """

this comment is by Ramesh, commenting on an article about a tweet that had landed a person in police custody.

Is it the job of Siddharth Varadarajan to educate Ramesh.


The job of Siddharth Varadarajan is to improve sales for his company. He is not bothered about the kind of person that buys his newspaper. He will be happy if there is a 150 percent increase in sales in seven years, like how Bhupinder Singh Hooda has done.

however, as a result of N.Ram's folly in identifying Mahinda Rajapakse as an Obama in the making, and some other factors, The Hindu is doing some lurching here and there.

The core fact is that the readers of The Hindu have become lost in the maze of derangement that can seize someone who is informed that 1,76,000 crores were looted. That is  a too out-of-this-world a number for some people to be able to retain their sanity.

From the journey towards a real mature and successful power, we have got pulled down to today's politics of Kejriwal and the scum duo of Subramanian Swamy and Prashanth Bhushan.

If we thought that the BJP represented the depth of political behaviour, it now turns out that we have not yet plumbed the bottom.

A similar kind of scenario is playing itself out in the United States where it is a Do or Die, Now or Never, battle as described by The New Yorker.

It is about truth versus falsehood.

But, people over there know who a Justice Scalia is, as he is identified as a right wing hardliner.

In India, with some honourable exceptions, like once in The Times Of India, the ability to confront the mass murderer, Vinod Rai, with his acts of crime, has not been summoned.

what bigger tragedy could there be in the world when a 1000 million people do not have a honest and upright source of reporting.

For centuries, Indians laboured under the criminal belief that the laws of Manu were good for them.

At least, some people with some abilities to improve, such as the current editor of The Hindu, must look at the standards and tone and demeanor of decency, even while going completely against Mitt Romney, as has been demonstrated by The New Yorker.

we can understand that Siddharth Varadarajan's interpolation of of a computer he bought when studying in the U.S into a model for the telecom sector and Shalini Singh's writing about a date on which a scam took place, were made in the growing years.

Even though their audience is showing no signs of maturing, betrayed and backstabbed as they have been, the role of the media must somehow include at least 10 percent commitment to putting out the facts as they are. The remaining 90 percent can be committed to improving sales.

the fact of capitalism is that you operate within the rules that have been established.

No comments: